Important note: once paid the initial fee, till the first of December if cancel the booking we return a part of the money, after this date we hold all the booking fee.
Marisa Brugarolas Spain. Director, choreographer, teacher and researcher of creative and pedagogical processes in the contemporary inclusive scene.
Her art works and teaching starts from the new performing languages, developing an inclusive teaching methodology based on Contact, Improvisation, Somatic Movement with emphasis on Body Mind Centering and Alexander Technique, Instant Composition, Release and Integrated Dance.
Director of Ruedapies Danza, an interdisciplinary project started since 2005 til now, that brings together artists with and without disabilities in the creation and teaching of dance and performing art work.
Her education comes from the academic and artistic world:
PhD in Arts from the la Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, with the doctoral thesis: The plural body. Dance integrated in inclusion. A renewal of the look. 2016
– Master in Interdisciplinary Arts. San Francisco State University (SFSU) 2000.
Somatic Movement Therapist. Moving On Center. Oakland, California. USA, 1997-1998.
– Bachelor of Dramatic Art. Superior School of Dramatic Art Murcia. Spain. 1996.
Specialist in Choreographic Composition and Improvisation. School for New Dance Development (SNDO). Program for invited students. Amsterdam University. Holland. 1995.
She teaches at Conservatorio Superior de danza de Alicante (Spain) in Dance Pedagogy studies. In her private practice, she teaches regular classes and workshops on Creative Dance, Somatic Movement, Contact Improvisation and Integrated Dance.
She has taught dance at the Universidad Nacional of Costa Rica and in Spain at the Universidad Miguel Hernández UMH , en la Escuela Superior de Arte Dramático ESAD de Murcia y en el Master de Artes de la Universidad UCAM.
Artist commissioned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs -AECID at the Royal Academy of Spain in Rome to develop Corpo in Divenire, an inclusive performance Project. 2012-2013.
In the last 12 years has directed fifteen dance performances with an international cast of artists.
Co-director of Inesperadamente International Improvisation Festival of Murcia. 2013-2015..
Marisa’s theme workshop of 30 December – 2 January event:
From Sensoperception of movement to expression.
Developmental Patterns are part of Somatic Movement research field. These patterns weave the entire framework that sustains our body and movement. They develop from pre-birth, birth and throughout childhood. During the entire adult life we have the opportunity to revisit the quality of each pattern, to give our movement and dance greater functionality and therefore a more solid base for our expression.
We will embody and explore all these movement patterns to move till arriving at the spiral and the expression of the three-dimensionality of movement in space. Precision, clarity, playfulness and communication will be our tools to create dance with an open, creative and available body.
Marisa’s theme of the workshop of 5-8 January event:
Somatic Movement: the clarity of the dance
Starting point, direction of movement and quality of muscle tone are three of the elements that define our dance. We will start from the principles of somatic movement, focusing on the explore and self-knowledge of our structure. We will use exercises in duets, trios and other group formations where the contact will help us to clarify our movement. We will define points of departure, direction of movement and intention transformed into tone. All that will give a spatial and temporal quality to our movement. We will develop these elements with clear structures and guidelines. It will serve us not only as a pedagogical and explorative tool to expand the possibilities of our movement, but also as compositional scores. We will thus enter the field of Instant Composition, developing our creative and expressive qualities.
Ippokratis Veneris (GRE/ITA) teacher, dancer, choreographer, deepen and studies dance and other arts for more than 20 years. In his lessons of contact inserts elements from the various disciplines that has studied extensively over the years as: floorwork, release technique, experiential anatomy, applied anatomy, dupuy technique, acrobalance, martial arts, afro dance, ballet, alexander technic, dance theatre and much more.
– In 2011 he collaborated with the UNIVERSITY OF ROME “Roma 3”, department of “Philosophy of Education” giving lectures about “Pedagogy, C.I. and personal researches on teaching”.
– In 2009 and 2010 he received an open scholarship in Brussels (PARTS-ROSAS Dance Company) and in Rome by the region of Lazio to proceed with his research. His original works (“Buongiorno Amore”, “Afroditi”, presented at Olympic theatre and Theatre Greco) combine together elements of theatre and dance.
– Is professor in the theatre school “il Cantiere Teatrale”.
– 2018. Choreography trainer for the Pina Bausch “The Nelken line in Rome”. An international project of 25 dancers of 11 different countries. You can see the video in this link: https://vimeo.com/273466482 Currently we are wotking on the documentary of the backstage of the project.
– In March of 2014 he was a guest together with Giulio Tremonti (former Italian Minister of Economy), Romano Prodi (the former Italian prime minister and former president of the European community), Ermanno Olmi (film director) in the TV show “the wind whistles” of Gad Lerner for Repubblica television and for the art channel Effe tv.
– Has collaborated -teaching and making shows of improvisation- with the Italian National Organization of Theatre.
– Teaches regularly twice a week Contact Improvisation developinghis own method.
– Teaches in different places around Europe.
– Has collaborated with Roberto Castello-Aldes for “Narrate” premium UBU as the best dance theatre production of the year in Italy and many others.
– In 2011 decided to stop making shows and concentrate his energies on the research about the human nature and the wisdom of our bodies.
– Co-founder of CORE an association of choreographers of central Italy to promote the rights of the live performing arts
– Co-founder of RomaContact a collective of dancers who promote and give shows of improvisation and Contact Improvisation.
– Organized the last years many events of art and workshops inviting teachers from all Europe.
– Lives in Rome where graduate at school “l’officina” where study release technique, Dupuy technique, contact improvisation, instant improvisation and composition.
– As a choreographer, dancer and improviser has organized and participated at different events, in the last ten years.
– Has studied with many choreographers and participating at numerous workshops of physical-theatre, contemporary dance, choreographic composition and contact improvisation.
Ippokratis theme of the workshop of 5-8 January event: Playing with the weight
The proper use of the weight can give us many possibilities. Using principles as, applied anatomy, organic movement, use of the deep muscles, touch, we will explore how to: Receive and give weight, deeping in questions as:
when is useful become light and when become heavy and how much heavy?
Wich is in every moment the proper way to use the gravity?
The objective will be to learn how to use the weight of each other to move together organically and effortlessly and how to create a fluid movement, enjoying a joyful and sparkling dance.
Theme of Ippokratis workshop of the 2-5 January event: “are you in axis?”
As singles we will work on: Been in axis and centred, use the dynamics of been out of axis dancing with an out of balance movement. As duets we will work on: finding and moving in the space through the common axis, centripetal and centrifugal dances, enjoying the out of axis challenge, create small “flights” using the out balance duet movement.
The topic of the workshop will be about how to enrich our dance, enrich our creativity and dance in a more playfull way.
Roberto Bellatalla lived in London from 1978 to 2003, double bass player active on the british and european jazz and improvised music scene, has played extensively, toured and recorded with Elton Dean, Nick Evans, Keith Tippett, Louis Moholo, Mark Sanders, Alan Wilkinson, Evan Parker, Paul Dunmall, Paul Rutherford, Tony Marsh, Paul Rogers, Marcio Mattos, Maggie Nichols, Radu Malfatti, Tristan Honsinger, Sean Bergin, Steve Noble, Billy Jenkins and many others: Member of the band “Dreamtime”, from 1983 to 2006 and of “Louis Moholo’s Viva la Black”. He writes and performs for theatre, poetry and dance and is involved in didactic activities for children, adults and disabled people. He plays with the trio led by guitarist Mike Cooper, “Truth in the Abstract Blues”, performs solo concerts and with a variety of small acoustic or electro-acoustic ensembles of improvised music.
Theme of the lab of R.Bellatalla: “Found objects: workshop of sonic reinterpretation”
Bring an object with you that produces a sound (a bunch of keys, a book, a plastic bag, a jar) or we will find it on the spot. In the workshop we will be encouraged to listen with attention objects chosen randomly creating ways to play based on ergonomics, gestures and structured experimentation. Everyday objects transformed into sound objects. The sense of sound is related to interiority and is therefore able to evoke an instinctive and profound expressivity and an instant creativity. If you do not want to bring an object then you’ll be the object item-body. The trial will be accompanied by simple exercises and practices of movement, voice, spatial orientation, imitation and literacy.
Oscar Bonelli is a multi-instrumentalist, performer, conducts workshops of energetic singing and meditation on sound. He began his musical research 25 years ago with the approach to African dance.
Through the percussion he strengthens his contact with Mother Earth, planting his musical roots, from which he soon rushes towards a search for higher and subtle tones.
Along his journey he meets many masters (Francesca Cassio – Indian song; Nela Bagawath – Mumbay, Indian song; Tran Quan Gai – Vietnam, harmonic singing; Roberto Laneri – harmonic singing; Riccardo Misto – Nada Yoga; Giovanni Imparato – drum circle, etc.) from which he learns the techniques that, thanks to his strong artistic and soul sensibility, puts at the service of spiritual research. Oscar expresses his talent through his concerts in which he magically plays musical instruments that come from all areas and cultures of the world. Rare instruments that Oscar presents to us by fusing the sounds, with great skill, in a song that becomes prayer and momentum towards the divine.
Claudio Jalesh Petrassi is a Watsu operator; He studied clinical psychology and specialized in counseling for childrens and adolescents and the Art-Counseling; held lectures at the School of Counseling “ASPIC”; worked as consult-listening at some schools; he carried out in the context of HIV counseling at the Policlinico Umberto I in Rome; leads groups on parenting, fear of flying and fear of water; designed and carried out paths through Watsu support for children diagnosed with autism and disability in general; gives Watsu monthly offers for the couple in Belgium (Brussels); organizes days of baby Watsu, where the babies play with their parents and we take care of their children both in land and water; leading groups of AI-CHI (Taichi water); coconduce groups of hypnosis in warm water; organizes training courses in the Californian massage; was trained in psycho-body techniques such as the Californian massage and Jin Shin Do.”
Giancarlo Iannacci is a Shiatsu therapist, thai massage therapist, watsu operator and body building personal trainer. After various work experiences, on 1995 I began the shiatsu massage school, ended on 2000. On 2007 I opened in Latina an holistic center named “Balance of body and soul” offering shiatsu courses, thai massage and yoga courses. In the meantime I studied craniosacral therapy and body building personal trainer. On 2010 I began the watsu formation, ended on 2015, meanwhile I opened another holistic point named “ Olistikamente Latina”, where host activity like : shiatsu, thai massage, watsu, yoga, meetings about natural eating, courses as M.S.G. Gestalt sensitive massage, biodance meetings, yoga laugh, oriental dances, reflexology and meetings about not conventional medicine like: Ayurveda, omeopathic, omotoxicologic. Actually i study hydrokinesitherapy.