Ippokratis Veneris (GRE/ITA) personal info: Ippokratis born and raised in Knossos on Crete, his childhood was populated by both the direct contact with the sea and from the myths of the place. Playing in the multicolored and multiform palace of Minos, up of the labyrinth and growing with the myths of Icarus, Daedalus and those of Theseus, Ariadne and the Minotaur his imagination and life were influenced by all those years of intense experience with the place.
- In 2011 he collaborated with the UNIVERSITY OF ROME “Roma 3”, department of “Philosophy of Education” giving lectures about “Pedagogy, C.I. and personal researches on teaching”.
- In 2009 and 2010 he received an open scholarship in Brussels (PARTS-ROSAS Dance Company) and in Rome by the region of Lazio to proceed with his research. His original works (“Buongiorno Amore”, “Afroditi”, presented at Olympic theatre and Theatre Greco) combine together elements of theatre and dance.
- Is professor of the theatre school “il Cantiere Teatrale”
- Has collaborated -teaching and making shows of improvisation- with the Italian National Organization of Theatre.
- Teaches regularly twice a week Contact Improvisation developinghis own method.
- Teaches in different places around Europe.
- Has collaborated with Roberto Castello-Aldes for “Narrate” premium UBU as the best dance theatre production of the year in Italy and many others.
- In 2011 decided to stop making shows and concentrate his energies on the research about the human nature and the wisdom of our bodies.
- Co-founder of CORE an association of choreographers of central Italy to promote the rights of the live performing arts
- Co-founder of RomaContact a collective of dancers who promote and give shows of improvisation and Contact Improvisation.
- Organized the last 10 years many events of art and workshops inviting teachers from all Europe.
- In March of 2014 he was a guest together with Giulio Tremonti (former Italian Minister of Economy), Romano Prodi (the former Italian prime minister and former president of the European community), Ermanno Olmi (film director) in the TV show “the wind whistles” of Gad Lerner for Repubblica television and for the art channel Effe tv.
- Lives in Rome, graduated at school “l’officina” where study release technique, Dupuy technique, contact improvisation, instant improvisation and composition.
- In the last ten years as choreographer, dancer and improviser has organized and participated at different events. – Has studied with many choreographers and participating at numerous workshops of physical-theatre, contemporary dance, choreographic composition and contact improvisation.
Theme of the workshop of Ippokratis: In – Out Dynamics of Action
In this lab we will explore the various ways we can use to get in and out of contact with a partner.
How can we be light? How to know which is the best solution to take?
How can we understand ours and our partner intentions, respect each other and create a fresh, creative, and joyful dance? How to integrate in the dance various lifts in a simple, organic and non-manipulative way?
These are the questions we will come up with!
Lorenzo Sansoni. Musician, jazz singer, a cappella, composer, arranger, vocalist, vocal improviser, choir director, singing teacher.
He graduated in theory and solfeggio at the Boccherini Conservatory of Lucca.
Studied lyric sing at the Mascagni Conservatory in Livorno.
He completes his first and second degree in music and jazz at the Conservatory G.B. Martini of Bologna with the highest votes.
He has collaborated with various theater and dance companies and participated in the musical production of several short films.
Took part in the vocal orchestra directed by Luisa Cottifogli.
Has participated in countless workshops on jazz singing (Bob Stoloff, Diana Torto, Roberta Gambarini, Luisa Cottifogli ..).
In 2012 won the second prize at the Young Talent Jazz Treviglio National Competition.
In 2013 won the FAI special prize at Jazz by the pool competition.
In 2014 won the second place in the national competition Chicco Bettinardi for new talents of Italian jazz (singers section).
In 2015 won the first prize at the national competition Chicco Bettinardi for new talents of Italian jazz (singers section).
In 2015, takes part in the first European exclusive of “Sonic Genome” by Anthony Braxton, at the Egyptian Museum of Turin, inside the Torino Jazz Festival 2015.
In 2015, at the Bologna Jazz Festival, he won the Massimo Mutti prize, consisting of a scholarship for Siena Jazz summer seminars.
In 2017 he released his second album with the B-Chord Vocal Jazz Duo project titled Melting Wor (l) ds.
In 2017 he participated in the Feltre Jazz Festival with the B-Chord Vocal Jazz Duo project.
In 2017 he performed in Albania for the Skodra Jazz Festival with the Euphonia Jazz Group project founded by pianist Markelian Kapidani.
Since 2017 he co-hosts Oskar Boldre in the direction of the choirs Goccia of Voci at Zurich (CH) and Solothurn (CH). He regularly holds workshops and concerts on vocal improvisation.
Holds concerts with various ensembles including the Chamber Jazz trio (with which he performs in November 2014 at the Audaci-CH Festival), the B-Chord Vocal Jazz Duo, the Euphonia Jazz Group.
Vocal Improvisation & CircleSong
Workshop with Lorenzo Sansoni dedicated to the power of voice and choral singing. Voice, is the first instrument we always use to communicate.
Improvisation is the means that allows us to engage in relationships without linguistic and cultural constraints.
A way to get to know this instrument, ancient like the mountains, through extempory games to do in groups and moments of conduction, in which singing will be in the service of music and expressive freedom.
We will work on the timbric and expressive potential of voice and singing: vocal percussion exercises and body percussion aimed at achieving greater rhythmic / bodily awareness; we will sing together through extemporaneous games to make in circle and in small groups designed to develop melody and harmonic ear.
Methods brought to light by Bobby McFerrin but rooted in the oldest oral and musical traditions – from African ones to those of Native Americans, passing through Asian, Arab, Eastern Europe traditions .. a genre and styles combination, a journey in search of a universal language.
Musically, CircleSong is based on the repetition of “loose” phonemes, harmoniously tied to each other and entrusted by the conductor to the various sections of the circle, to create a real orchestra of improvised voices. Act created on the moment, to which the soloist relies on his solos and rhythmic / melodic variations. A ritual to get in touch with themselves and others in an ancient, delicate and deep way.cccccc
Roberto Bellatalla lived in London from 1978 to 2003, double bass player active on the british and european jazz and improvised music scene, has played extensively, toured and recorded with Elton Dean, Nick Evans, Keith Tippett, Louis Moholo, Mark Sanders, Alan Wilkinson, Evan Parker, Paul Dunmall, Paul Rutherford, Tony Marsh, Paul Rogers, Marcio Mattos, Maggie Nichols, Radu Malfatti, Tristan Honsinger, Sean Bergin, Steve Noble, Billy Jenkins and many others: Member of the band “Dreamtime”, from 1983 to 2006 and of “Louis Moholo’s Viva la Black”. He writes and performs for theatre, poetry and dance and is involved in didactic activities for children, adults and disabled people. He plays with the trio led by guitarist Mike Cooper, “Truth in the Abstract Blues”, performs solo concerts and with a variety of small acoustic or electro-acoustic ensembles of improvised music.
Theme of the workshop of R.Bellatalla: “the becoming”
In dance, as in music, everything runs away and on the escape lines there can be one thing: experimentation. Understanding the “becoming”, is to become aware of the continuous change of forms, kinematic relationships between unformed elements. Always half-way travel, but already traveling, succession of silences, suspensions and flashes, coexistence of variable speeds, jumps over empty, moving from a center of gravity to an abstract line.. Things never happen where they are expected, neither through planned paths. There is going to an introductory part of the course, during which couple-specific exercises are made to familiarize with the concept of “becoming” applied to the contact impro, followed by a phase where we will experiment collectively.t
Claudio Jalesh Petrassi is a Watsu operator; He studied clinical psychology and specialized in counseling for childrens and adolescents and the Art-Counseling; held lectures at the School of Counseling “ASPIC”; worked as consult-listening at some schools; he carried out in the context of HIV counseling at the Policlinico Umberto I in Rome; leads groups on parenting, fear of flying and fear of water; designed and carried out paths through Watsu support for children diagnosed with autism and disability in general; gives Watsu monthly offers for the couple in Belgium (Brussels); organizes days of baby Watsu, where the babies play with their parents and we take care of their children both in land and water; leading groups of AI-CHI (Taichi water); coconduce groups of hypnosis in warm water; organizes training courses in the Californian massage; was trained in psycho-body techniques such as the Californian massage and Jin Shin Do.
About Harry Chakra
Harry Chakra – Heart Chakra Meditation Is a meditation that is used to bring attention to our center, meant as the inner place where we are aware of ourselves. The movements make us to explore the possibility of moving toward the outside, but then return to the center. Is a work that affects our heart space as the place where we can accommodate-welcome ourselves (first) and the other (then).